Double Chocolate Butterscotch Bars
Yield: 9″ x 9″
Butterscotch bars with a buttery crumb crust and topped with not just one but TWO layers of chocolate!
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ sticks butter (12 tablespoons) butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch ice cream topping/syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 9×9 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in chilled butter cubes with fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Reserve ⅔ cup crumb mixture and press remaining mixture into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl beat egg and softened cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla and butterscotch sauce. Add the reserved crumb mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until golden brown. Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on half powder and mix until smooth. Spread over butterscotch bars. As white chocolate cools, repeat melting process with milk chocolate chips and spread over white chocolate layer. Allow to cool completely (about 2 hours) before cutting into squares and serving. Store in airtight container.
source : lecremedelacrumb