Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
Yield : 6 servings
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
1 and ¼ cup sugar
110g butter, melted
½ cup all purpose flour
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups milk, lukewarm
1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C).
- Grease a 30cmx17cm baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and put aside.
- Whisk egg yolks, vanilla powder and sugar until creamy.
- Add melted butter and mix for half a minute.
- Add the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until incorporated well.
- Pour the milk gradually and continue beating.
- Add in the egg whites, one third at a time and gently stir with a spatula. Don’t overmix, just stir a few times.
- Pour this liquidy batter into the baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool and when it comes to room temperature chill for an hour.
- Slice it in the size you like and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
- Keep it in refrigerator until you finish it all.