Turtle Chocolate Cookies
Yields: 12 pcs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 Turtle candies, unwrapped
16 caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar, until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour mixture on low speed. Stir until dough forms.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, drop cooke dough on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches for spreading.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies begin to crack on top. Remove from oven and press a Turtle into the center of each cookie.
- Then in a microwave safe bowl, microwave caramels for 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals until completely melted. (Total time will depend on your brand of caramels.)
- Once melted, drizzle tops of each cookie with caramel. Let cool for a 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.