Caramel loaded fudge brownie cookies
Yields: 20 cookies
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 11 min
8 oz (224 grams) chocolate chips (I used 60%)
3 tbsp (42 grams) butter
1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup (40 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup chopped rolos and caramels
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and butter and heat until melted (about 1 minutes) stirring to combined and smooth. You can also melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar until start to thicken and they have a pale color.
- With the paddle attachment on, at low-to-medium speed, pour the melted chocolate over the sweetened eggs. It’s important to keep mixing while you add the chocolate to prevent the eggs from cooking. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- With a spatula, fold in the chopped rolo candy and caramels.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour or until hard enough to handle.
- With a small scoop, place balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 11 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring them to cookie racks to cool completely.