Chocolate Fudge Pepper Cookies
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
5 tablespoons butter
7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl sift flour, soda, salt, pepper and cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in both sugars; the mixture should resemble coarse sand.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla to sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in flour mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Using a small ice cream scoop or measuring cup is a good way to ensure consistency.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until top appears slightly cracked. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool to room temperature