Yield : 8 oz
3 large egg yolks,
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
6 tbs sugar
4 tbs unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, stirring until consistency is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to serving container. Let cool. Refrigerate for about an hour or until chilled.