Pecan Pie Brownies
Yield: 9″ round brownie
For the brownie batter:
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups baking cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee mixed with 2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the pecan pie topping:
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups pecans (whole or chopped)
Special Equipment: two (9-inch) round cake pans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease two 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, baking cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso mixed with water, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the sugar and melted butter until well combined, then stir in the flour. Divide the batter equally between the two greased pans, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Bake the brownies for 15 minutes then remove them from the oven and set aside. While the brownies are baking, prepare the pecan pie topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan, stirring over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Immediately pour the pecan pie topping over the brownies, dividing it equally between the two pans. Return the brownies to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the brownie is fully cooked.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to fully cool in the pans. Use a sharp knife to cut around the edges, remove the brownies from the pan, and then slice and serve.
source : justataste