Yield: 8″ x 8″
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 – 16 oz. caramels
2 tablespoons water
1½ cups pecan pieces
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Set aside.
- Place the caramels and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- On a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk; add vanilla.
- When the fudge mixture is about to be ready (chocolate almost melted), place the bowl of caramels in the microwave and heat on high for a total of 3 minutes. Stir after each minute interval. Once melted, stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Pour half of the fudge into prepared pan. Spoon the caramel pecan mixture over the fudge. Spoon remaining fudge over the top (reheat if necessary). Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!