Blended Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield : 2 dozens
2 1/2 cups oats
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a food processor and blend until they’re a powder-like consistency.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, then add the vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and blended oatmeal and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts (optional), mixing to combine.
- Shape 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough into mounds spaced 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
source : justataste