Yellow Cake Mix
Yield : one 9″ round cakes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Measure flour into quart size mason jar.
- Add sugar on top, then baking powder, then salt. Place lid on jar. (My ingredients JUST fit)
When ready to prepare cake batter:
- Place softened butter into stand mixer and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Place dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine with butter for 30 seconds.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on medium-high for one minute.
- Pour batter into prepare pans. Bake at 350. For 9-inch pans its 20-25 minutes. For cupcakes start checking around 15 minutes. Cool before frosting.