Key Lime Pie
Yield : 9″ pie
1¼ cups crushed graham crackers
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 Tablespoon for greasing pan
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons grated zest of key limes
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9″ pie pan with 1 Tablespoon butter.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together the crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar until combined.
- Press the mixture into the greased pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Set crust aside and leave the oven on.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together the egg yolks and lime zest until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the condensed milk until well incorporated.
- Decrease the mixer speed and add the key lime juice and vanilla extract just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracked crust and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove and place immediately in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
source : justataste