Peppermint Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Yield: 8″ x 8″
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 inch pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Prepare cheesecake batter. Use a handmixer to cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sugar and peppermint and mix well. Add egg and egg white and mix. Stir in flour. Set batter aside.
- Prepare brownie batter. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. In another large bowl combine brown sugar, milk, oil, cream, vanilla, and eggs and mix until smooth. Slowly mix in flour mixture until completely combined.
- Pour all but ½ cup of brownie batter into prepared pan. Spread cheesecake layer evenly on top of brownie layer. Drop tablespoons of reserved brownie batter on top of cheesecake layer. Use a knife to swirl batter. Bake about 25 minutes, until top is set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container, keep refrigerated.
source : lecremedelacrumb