Blueberry Crumb Pie
Yields: 0ne 9″ pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a box of 2)
- 5 cups frozen blueberries, drained (or fresh)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons + 3/4 cup flour, divided
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and place in a 9” pie plate. Crimp edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
- Make the crumble by combining the nuts, brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture forms small crumbs. Set aside.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Toss gently with sugar, lemon, and 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Remove crust from the refrigerator and fill with berries. Top with white chocolate chips. Pour the crumble over the top and press down slightly to compact.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet to prevent over-spilling onto your oven floor. Tear 2” wide strips of aluminum foil and place them around the outer edge of the crust so it won’t brown too quickly. Bake for 48-52 minutes (remove foil from crust about halfway through baking). It’s done when the crust is browned and the topping looks crunchy. Cool completely before slicing.
source : crazyforcrust