Frozen Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Yield : 1 pie
2 sleeves (~2 cups) cinnamon graham crackers
3 tbsp. light brown sugar, not packed
6 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling **only one cup-not the entire can.
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
1 (8 ounces) lite cool whip, can sub regular cool whip
1 (15 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Optional: 1/2 tsp. butter extract
- In a blender or food processor, empty the 2 sleeves of graham crackers and process/blend until the crackers are all crumbs. Empty the crumbs into a medium sized bowl and stir in the brown sugar.
- Soften the margarine or butter and combine with the crumb and brown sugar mixture.
- Press the crumbs into a springform pan. Mainly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the filling for the pie.
- In the same bowl you used for the crumbs, place the cream cheese in and the bowl and beat for about 45 seconds. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and optional butter extract. Continue to beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and beat until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. Make sure to scrape the edges of your bowl with a spatula.
- Fold in the cool whip just until combined. Be careful to not overmix the cool whip.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared crust and freeze overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Let soften for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Make sure to return the cheesecake to the freezer for storage or it will melt.
source : chelseasmessyapron