Cranberry Red Wine Sorbet
2 cups fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups red wine, such as Malbec
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon grated fresh orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, red wine, water, orange zest and salt in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture at a simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries pop and begin to soften.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temp.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and puree it until smooth.
- Transfer the puréed cranberry mixture to an 8×8-inch metal pan.
- Seal the pan tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to portion the sorbet into serving dishes.
source : justataste