Caramel Apple Pound Cake
Yield: 9″ x 13″
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 bag kraft caramel bits
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and greek yogurt. Gently mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into a 8 or 9 inch loaf pan lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray. Scatter apple pieces over the batter. (Note: They will sink to the bottom while cooking.) Bake 50-60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- In microwave, melt caramel bits in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk, then microwave another 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until caramel is completely melted and smooth and has reached pourable consistency. Pour over cake cake. Slice and serve warm or allow to cool and set, about fifteen to 20 minutes for chewier caramel. Store in airtight container.
source : lecremedelacrumb