Lava Cakes with Raspberry Sauce
Yield: 12 small cakes
For the raspberry sauce:
1 cup raspberries
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons sugar
For the lava cakes:
2 sticks unsalted butter, cubed
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
5 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- For the raspberry sauce:
- Combine the raspberries, water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently to break apart the raspberries.
- Once the mixture has thickened, set it aside to cool while you make the chocolate lava cakes.
- For the lava cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a smaller saucepan then melt the ingredients by holding the smaller saucepan over the pan of boiling water, forming a double-boiler. Stir the ingredients constantly until smooth then set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, sugar and salt until the sugar dissolves.
- Quickly whisk the egg mixture into the melted chocolate, and then whisk in the flour.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake cups coated with cooking spray.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 cups and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, just until the edges of the cakes are firm and the centers and still liquid.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cakes cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the muffin tin, remove the paper lining and serve topped with raspberry sauce.
source : justataste