No-guilt chocolate chip muffins
Yield : 12 muffins
- 1-3/4 c old-fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup Raw Sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (OR you could use white chocolate OR peanut butter chips!) I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I would recommend using mini-chips as they distribute more evenly in the batter and don’t fall to the bottom of the tins.
- *Foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining (paper liners tend to stick to muffins!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil liners. Set aside.
- In a blender, (or food processor…I used my hand-held immersion blender) combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans and sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chips evenly into the tins. Stir gently with a toothpick or leave alone (chips should settle slightly).
- Place muffins tins in the oven for about 10 minutes then remove them from the oven (but don’t shut off) and sprinkle other half of the chocolate chips on the top.
- Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins before removing from pan.
source : thestirringplace